The address of our website is: www.wakam.com
Article 1. Scope of application
Wakam attaches the utmost importance to the protection of data obtained in the course of its activities, as well as to compliance with the laws and regulations applicable in this respect.
The Policy covers the following operations:
- browsing the Wakam websites;
- online requests.
Article 2. The entity responsible for processing the data
As part of your browsing on the www.wakam.com website, personal data is processed by Wakam, a limited company with a capital of 4,658,992 Euros, registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under the number 562 117 085, with its registered office at 120-122 rue Réaumur – 75002 Paris.
For all of this processing, Wakam is the entity that determines the means and purposes, and thus acts as the data controller within the meaning of the regulations applicable to personal data and in particular EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
Article 3. The purposes of processing personal data
Wakam collects various types of personal data concerning you for the following purposes:
The management of the website:
- the follow-up of contact requests and complaints;
- navigation on the website;
- management of the Play & Plug platform
Article 4. Data collected by Wakam
Wakam collects various data in the context of navigation on the website:
Browsing and usage data of the website such as:
- your IP address and other device identifiers ;
- operating systems and browser type;
- information about the pages of the sites you visit, collected through cookies or other tracking technologies;
- connection data (IP addresses, connection logs);
Private data relating to the follow-up of the commercial and/or contractual relationship (such as a file number).
Article 5. Duration of storage of personal data
Wakam only keeps your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it holds the data in question, to meet your needs or to fulfil our legal obligations.
If you are insured, i.e. you have concluded an insurance contract with Wakam, the following criteria apply:
- data collected during the navigation of the website must be deleted within a maximum of 13 months.
- data collected via the Play & Plug platform will be stored until the end of the contractual relationship with the partner and for a period of 5 years after the end of the business relationship.
- data processed via the contact form will be kept by the department concerned by the request for the time necessary to process the response, and then deleted.
- data collected on the API portal will be kept for the duration of the contractual relationship:
- for Wakam’s partner users within 5 years after the end of the commercial relationship.
- for non-Wakam partner users, the data collected will be kept until you request its deletion or after a period of inactivity of 3 years.
Wakam may retain certain personal data in order to fulfil its legal and/or regulatory obligations and to exercise its rights (e.g. to bring a claim before a court) or for statistical or historical purposes. In this case, all measures are put in place to ensure the security of the data.
When Wakam no longer needs to use your personal data, it will delete them from its systems and files or anonymise them so that they no longer allow you to be identified.
Article 6: Personal data security system
Wakam undertakes to protect the personal data collected and/or processed against any loss, destruction, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure. To this end, Wakam implements appropriate technical and organisational measures, in light of the nature of the data and the risks involved in processing it, to preserve the security and confidentiality of your personal data. These measures may include practices such as limited access to the data by personnel of departments authorised to access it by virtue of their functions, contractual guarantees in the event of recourse to an external service provider, privacy impact assessments, regular reviews of our privacy practices and policies and/or physical and/or logical security measures (secure access, authentication process, back-up copies, anti-virus software, firewall, etc.).
Article 7: Recipients of personal data
Your personal data may be transmitted to the following recipients:
- Persons acting within the framework of the usual missions assigned to them such as, and not exhaustively :
- personnel responsible for the conclusion, management and execution of contracts, including claims;
- management delegates, insurance intermediaries, insurance organisations entrusted with the management of Wakam’s insurance contracts within the framework of a partnership contract;
- subcontractors, entities of the same group to which Wakam belongs in the performance of their duties;
- Persons authorised as authorised third parties, such as, but not limited to:
- the relevant courts, arbitrators, mediators;
- the supervisory and control authorities and all authorised public bodies;
- controlling departments such as auditors and internal control departments.
Wakam never shares your personal data with other companies for commercial prospecting purposes.
Article 8: Exercising your rights
With regard to the processing of your personal data, you have the following rights which you may exercise by sending a letter to this effect to the following address: 120-122 rue Réaumur – 75002 Paris, or by email to the address: email@example.com :
- Right to information. You have the right to obtain clear, transparent and comprehensible information on how we use your personal data and on your rights;
- Right of access, rectification and deletion: you have the right to request from Wakam
- access to and obtain a copy of the personal data held by Wakam;
- rectification of any inaccurate data held about you;
- the deletion of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to request that your personal data be transmitted to you in a format that allows it to be used in another database.
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right, under certain conditions, to request that the processing of your personal data be temporarily suspended.
- Right to object on the grounds of legitimate interests;
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés:
- either via the following URL www.cnil.fr/plaintes ;
- or by post (3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris Cedex 07).